October 1, 2012 by megmstephens
A list of things that I might or might not have done this weekend (in no particular order):
1. Fallen in love with pressure washers. Look how clean and ready for paint the garage is:
2. Removed a cast iron bathtub (mostly) in one piece with Dan:
3. Power-washed the basement of Heartland House 3 times – *finally* it doesn’t feel slightly gross to go down there:
4. Discovered that the bathroom in Heartland House used to have gold sparkly wallpaper on the ceiling, which is now covered by the ever-classy interlocking acoustic tile:
5. Cleaned out a live trap with a pressure washer… The full story will have to come later:
6. Filled approximately 1 billion old nail holes in the garage siding with wood filler, and sanded down the same 1 billion holes. I was so thrilled with this task that I didn’t even take a picture.
7. Met the Reverend who lives a few houses down across the alley behind Heartland House. He’s a really nice older man, and he had both a pocket watch and a gold tooth! This makes the second pastor that lives within a 4 house radius of Heartland House.
8. Came back in the house after pressure washing to find the bathroom no longer exists, thanks to Dan, Jared, and Joe making short work of the demo:
And the boys even swept up the mess.